Covid-19 and the extraordinary movement situation in Lithuania and in the world
- On 12 March 2020 the Head of the State Level Operations of Extreme Situations adopted a decision No. V-344 “On Coronavirus (COVID-19) Control Measures” strictly recommending citizens to cancel and delay all trips to all foreign countries until 14 April 2020.
- On 13 March 2020 the Head of the State Level Operations of Extreme Situations adopted a decision V- 367“On Coronavirus (COVID-19) Control Measures” confirming obligation to the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania to discontinue travelling to the affected countries and territories.
- On 14 March 2020 the Government of the Republic of Lithuania adopted Resolution No. 207 “On Declaring Quarantine in the Territory of the Republic of Lithuania” prohibiting citizens of the Republic of Lithuania to leave the Republic of Lithuania, unless they have to return to the place they live, go to their place of employment or have a permission of the head of the country's State Border Guard Service under the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania or its representative person;
- On 16 March 2020 the Head of the State Level Operations of Extreme Situations adopted a decision No. V-375 “On Coronavirus (COVID-19) Control Measures” in which the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania and the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Lithuania are obliged to take all necessary measures for transportation from foreign countries of citizens of the Republic of Lithuania who have declared their permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania.
- By Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania as of 25 March 2020 quarantine in the Republic of Lithuania shall be extended until 13 April 2020 inclusive.
- By Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania as of 9 April 2020 quarantine in the Republic of Lithuania shall be extended until 27 April 2020 inclusive.
- The European Commission recommends refraining from traveling abroad until 15 May 2020.
Lektuvubilietai.lt information regarding the change/return of plane tickets in the presence of
the COVID-19 situation
We sincerely regret the present situation both on behalf of our company and airlines, and perfectly understand that both passengers and tourism business entities are facing particularly huge challenges as a result of the occurring pandemic. Irrespective of the current situation, we exert maximum effort in an attempt to administer requests, to complete airline forms and to execute changes and returns in accordance with the specific situations encountered by passengers. However, we are forced to admit that due to the economic and legal aspects of the pandemic phenomenon, which has not yet been fully analysed, and its relationship with extraordinary and force majeure circumstances, the actual executors of flights basically adhere to the position that it is necessary to apply the exceptional procedure when it comes to refunding the money paid for flight tickets. Communication periods are longer than you would normally expect. Professional tourism and civil aviation have experienced a crisis of such scale for the first time in history.
We also would like to draw your attention to the fact that Lektuvubilietai.lt (the private limited liability company Baltic Tours Group (UAB “Baltic Tours Group” in Lithuanian)) is the seller of airline tickets (the intermediary) and not the air carrier (the airline), and intermediates in order to ensure that the passenger and the airline enter into the agreement on the carriage of passengers. Thus, only the flight organiser (the airline) can reach a decision on the fulfilment of your requirements.
Please indicate the booking number when you send us your queries email@example.com.
We respond to all customers, just more slowly than you would normally expect.
We hope for your understanding during this extraordinary period.